Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Great Start

As I park my car next to this electric blue car this morning, I did a double take and nearly messed up my parking. The man getting out of the blue car was the naked guy from the changing room. (Details from my earlier post). As luck would have it, we ended up sharing the lift up to the gym floor. Actually, the experience did not turn badly at all; in fact, all the irritation that was festering each morning vanished with our first ever verbal greeting. Somehow, having a conversation, however casual, does a lot in terms of tolerance and all that. I guess it's like being on the road when some car cuts you off. If it's a stranger, the incredible hulk in me would start to manifest itself. If I realised it's someone I know (particularly, my sister in law, whose driving always give me nightmares!), then I would just smile and note the occasion and tease her later.

Anyway, no nude scenes this morning. And so I started my practice with a calm state of mind. And had a nice practice, even though I was the only one practicing. No binding yet on Mari D. I've been going back to square one with the twisting asanas in an effort to rid my bad habit of shifting my knee toward the middle of my chest (as opposed to having it in line with my foot and hip) in trying to bind. Even In Mari C, I've been doing that. So, I've stopped reaching for a bind and now focused more on twisting so that I get more weight over the foot on the mat.

I hope going back to basics will pay dividends ...

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I have not seen the last of the nude scenes. I'm hoping being on casual greeting terms will dissipate a lot of the tension (on my part anyway). Somehow, many thoughts go through my head when I'm dressing in silence; and that play havoc with my coordination!

    As long as there is no obvious intrusion into personal space, I think I can handle it. Yoga practice beyond the mat!

    ReplyDelete