Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Win-Win

A term normally encountered in the business world. Probably was made popular in the 90's. I first came across this concept when I hear my grandfather defined a good business deal as being where both parties gain, even if one has to compromise.

Today, at 42 years in age, I begin to think that this can be applied, not just in business dealings, but also in conversations. So often, in a confrontation, I would go all out to win my argument - sometimes to the point of belittling the other person. How nice if the next time I'm in such a situation, I can remember this concept of win-win. Even if I think I'm right. A compromise is always possible.

As I thought about this, the person who has the best ability to apply this and who has consistently apply this concept of win win in all aspect of his dealings, at work and off work, is one of my uncles. To me, he is the person I aspire to be. I know I have no chance to get there, but to even be half the person he is, would be something. He has a quality with people that is rarely seen. And his dealings is the fairest I have ever encountered. I has always thought of his quality as diplomacy, but today I begin to realise that he has always achieve a win win situation, even in normal conversations and with all sorts of people.

So, I write this post as a reminder, win win is always a consideration in all actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment