Thursday, April 15, 2010

First Baddha Padmasana

By the time I’ve reached the end of Surya Namaskara A, my palms are starting to slip towards the front of the mat during downward dog. Kuala Lumpur has been super hot of late. Surprisingly, even with the heat and dripping sweat and considering I missed practice on Tuesday because I was not feeling 100%, today’s practice was full of energy.

I just rode on this unexpected wave. I initially planned a softer practice. I even tried to do some straight leg jump through. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen. Each time I ended up in a squat and then kind of shuffle my feet through. Heh, it must have looked pretty funny. Good thing I was alone at the Westin this morning. I wonder whether the straight leg jump through requires a good forward bend.

Anyway, I had a good practice. I don’t know if it was the heat or the energetic practice; I managed to bind in Baddha Padmasana on MY own! Happy happy joy joy! After practice, I treated myself to breakfast at Dome at Pavilion at the risk of being late for work. It may be a small breakthrough but these milestones can give so much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment